Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Everything is on track

Starting this past Monday (the 24th) I go for non-stress tests twice a week, as well as seeing the Ultrasound Tech once a week for updates on my amniotic fluid and sometimes his growth. As of Monday, his estimated weight is 6lbs 10oz. and everything else seems to be fine. My fluid was down from 12.43 to 8.18 but Dr. Stradtman said it wasn't anything to be worried about and it changes daily. However, they'll keep a watch on it.

While I'm anxiously awaiting Gray's arrival, I can't say it doesn't come without anxiety. Yesterday, I read about a family in Selma who has a CDH (diagnosed in utero) baby who was born, like Grayton, with little to no diaphragm. He lived only 10 days at Children's Hospital in Bham. The family was blessed to have a second son, Chambers (don't you just love the name?!), who is a perfect and healthy baby. Their 3rd child, Celie, was monitored by a specialist like Gray and because of an ultrasound at 28 weeks that clearly showed her diaphragm in place, the parents didn't have any further testing. However, Celie was born with CDH, too. While she's now a healthy and thriving 3 year old girl, it severely scares me. The nurses and physicians at Children's told the family they were only the 2nd repeat case for the hospital in 19 years. While I know its a sin to worry, I definitely struggle with it.

Please pray for Gray to be a complete and whole baby boy who will grow, without any problems, to hunt and fish with his daddy (and mom, too) and one day join The Creekbaum Group at UBS :) Sounds like I'm trying to plan his future, doesn't it? :) Hope you know I'm only kidding about his interests and career path......well, only half kidding anyway.

3 comments:

  1. Leigh, I am glad everything is on track !! I am praying for a healthy and whole baby boy for you and Travis :) As for the fluid fluctuating mine had done that with Celia. Drink plenty of water and rest :) I cant wait for baby Gray to arrive how exciting ;) Call me when you get a chance.
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news! I hope things continue to stay on track and he comes out a healthy "whole" boy! Thinking of you and Pray that when he graces you with his presence all your fears will be put to rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like Gray is on track and I am praying for a complete, whole and happy baby boy for you and Travis. When Gray makes his entrance, I hope he is in yours arms quickly and letting you know everything is just as it should be!! I am sure he is going to be a beautiful, handsome little boy and I look forward to seeing pictures. I was a total wreck with my pregnancy with Shane, no matter how many times they told me he was fine and no CDH. Until he was in my arms and I heard him cry, did I not stop worrying. Get plenty of rest, for you will soon be a busy mom again!!

    Much love to you and your family, Tracy

    ReplyDelete