Yesterday, Travis and I went to see Dr. Gonzalez (the specialist), as well as my OB Dr. Stradtman. Dr. G performed growth and doppler tests on Baby Gray and his nurse gave Gray an A+ on doppler! Everybody say, "yeahhh"!! His growth was great, too. He's estimated to weight 5lbs 15ozs and I'm currently 34 weeks. His legs, like his mom's, are in the 90th percentile, stomach is in the 80+ percentile (we won't attribute that to anyone :) ), and his head is in the average 40-50%. If he continues to gain a pound a week, he's going to be one big baby! However, we all realize the ultrasound measurements are just an estimate so I'm not holding them to it.
Because I had a C-Section with Grayton, there will be one scheduled for Gray's arrival, too. Brookwood Labor and Delivery won't allow us to schedule the date until we are exactly a month out. Therefore, I'm hoping to have a firm date next week.....but at the same time it's so scary I just want to stick my head in the sand and have him in my safe tummy forever!
Keep the prayers coming!!
God Bless,
Leigh
By the way, I want to share something. There is a website that's completely dedicated to infant loss and it's hosted by a wonderful photographer from West Australia. Another CDH mom turned me onto the site and submitted Grayton's name and a quote from me for a picture to be taken at sunset with Grayton's name written in the sand (thanks Ash!). Here's the link http://namesinthesand.blogspot.com/2009/08/grayton-karleigh-creekbaum.html
I think it's breath-taking!!!
A reflection on 7 years with CDH
10 years ago

Yeah!! Good news!!
ReplyDeleteCarly does beautiful work!!
((Hugs))
Nicolle
Wonderful news Leigh !! I cant wait to see the sweet baby boy that Grayton is sending you and Travis !!
ReplyDeleteGod is Great !!
Luv ya girl
Awesome news.. Gray is doing great!! So happy for you and very soon, your little boy will be in your loving arms. Many prayers coming your way!!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Tracy
Steve (Grand Dad) and I (MarMar or Mimi) are so thrilled. September 17th can't come too quickly...can't wait to hear Gray stretch those lungs and let us know he's here.
ReplyDeleteThe Baby shower was a joyous occasion. Thank you to Brandy and Brook for hosting...love you girls.
Travis & Leigh...love you with all hearts.
Steve and MarMar
Hi Leigh and Travis,
ReplyDeleteWonderful news Gray is doing well~
Looking forward to hearing little Gray has arrived.
You are always in my thoughs.
((((cuddles for Princess Grayton))))
love
Shaz - CHERUBS Aust co-rep