Thursday, the 18th, was my birthday as well as my checkup appointment with the OB. My mom went with me and because she hasn't "seen" the baby yet, I went to the ultrasound area, spoke with my friend at the reception area, told her it was my birthday, and asked if my mom could get a peak at the baby (they weren't busy). Thankfully and thoughtfully, she and the ultrasound technician agreed. Gray was just moving around and even posed for us with his feet crossed. It was adorable.
However, when I mentioned to her Dr. Gonzalez, the Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor, said his stomach is small, she agreed with him. I tried to pinpoint as to what problems could occur from this (should it stay on the smaller side) and she just told me to talk to the doctor. Although my amniotic fluid still seemed fine, I'm worried about his stomach. I should've asked her to measure him completely, but I hated to task her since I "snuck" in to get an ultrasound. Thankfully (it was as if God put him in my path), I saw Dr. Gonzalez coming off the elevator at Brookwood and I told him what had happened and asked his opinion on what it could be. He said, "Leigh, every baby isn't suppose to weight 10 lbs. 7 out of 10 times it just means the baby's on the small side of the scale. One of my sons was born 1 oz. shy of 6 pounds and he's a normal, healthy boy. " While it relaxed my anxiety a little, it's the other 30% (or 3 out of 10) I didn't ask him about that concerns me. I'm trying not to be such a worrier, but after having a 1 in 2400 chance of having a baby with CDH it's just so hard not to be overly concerned. At the same time, I know it's in God's hands.
Please continue to keep Gray in your prayers. Today is one year since Grayton went to Heaven and I just miss her so much. At the same time, I'm worried about Gray. I think it's just "normal" to be concerned after losing a baby.
Missing you, Grayton, on your Angelversary.
Leigh
A reflection on 7 years with CDH
10 years ago

Father,
ReplyDeleteWe thank you for your children that you allow to bless our lives in ways we could never imagine. I pray that you will calm Leigh's heart--give her peace in knowing that little Gray is made perfectly in Your image--just as Grayton. I pray that the knowledge that You never give us more than we can handle will echo in Leigh's heart throughout the rest of her pregnancy. Lastly, remind Leigh how courageous, strong, inspiring--how special she is--that out of all the mothers in the world, you picked her specifically for Grayton. I can only imagine how proud you must be of Leigh after seeing her take care of her precious baby girl--and I can only imagine who you have chosen for her now. I praise you for all of your gifts! Amen.
Thinking of you Leigh and your precious angel. Gray is in our prayers that everything will be fine and he will continue growing and be one healthy little boy. Think positive thoughts and stay strong for Gray!!
ReplyDeleteMuch love to you and your family,
Tracy - Ian's mom
Thinking of sweet Grayton today...I will never forget the queen of ECMO and her beautiful feather boa.
ReplyDeleteI have worried about sooooo many crazy things this pregnancy. And worrying hasn't made it any easier. Again this is a time when we have to lean on God. Easier said than done I know. God and Grayton are looking out for this little man.
Take care and God bless,
Amy