Monday, May 4, 2009

One year ago today....

One year ago today, we found out we'd be having Grayton on the 9th (which was a Friday) via scheduled C-Section. Little did I know what her coming into the world (she wasn't diagnosed with CDH until birth) would bring…both good and bad. I miss her each and every day. I was just thinking yesterday (not to sound ungrateful) that I kind of wish we were expecting a girl and the words came to me out of nowhere – "God doesn't give me what I want….He gives me what I need." I truly felt like He was speaking to me and a peace just came over me.

While no baby will ever replace Grayton, I just pray I've had my "special" child and He'll bless Gray to be whole and healthy. Before finding out what we were having, deep down I knew it was a boy. I think it's God's way of preparing me for the news of baby boy.

Friday is Travis and my anniversary! Saturday is Grayton's celebration (I'm really looking forward to it). Travis seems to think I'll have a harder time with her Birthday than I realize. I just pray God will give me the strength to make it through the day and concentrate on the many blessing we've received because of Grayton! I know her short life was for a purpose....it seems as if every day something good happens because she was born and went to Heaven.




BTW: Amy - thanks for the words to describe my thoughts!

3 comments:

  1. :-) I love that he will be named Gray after his beautiful sister!!! :-) I hope that things are going good for you!
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Leigh,
    So nice to talk to you last week! Can you believe we work for the same company?
    I got to meet baby Jaime in person over the weekend, what a little sweetheart and doing so well! I told Sheryl that you called me to check on him and to send many prayers! She is in awe!
    I know God will give you the strength you need!
    You're right, Grayton's short life did have a purpose!
    One of the brokers I work with said after his father passed away last year "I know where he is & know how to find him"
    God bless you all!
    Jeanie & Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((HUGS))) Leigh. Thinking of you and remembering Grayton too. What a sweet little girl and wonderful parents. Hope the shower/party is a success this weekend, for what you are doing in Grayton's memory is wonderful and will touch other families in the NICU too. Many prayers for you and your entire family this week.

    Much love, Tracy

    ReplyDelete