Travis and I just got back from the lengthy and thorough doctor's appointment. We got to see everything imaginable about Gray! He held up his hand to his face - sucking on his arms and thumb - almost the whole time!! Dr. Gonzalez said he saw no signs of a diaphragmatic hernia or anything else substantial. However, while he wasn't alarmed by this, he was disappointed he didn't see his stomach fill up. While his bladder was full, Gray never emptied it while we were there.
Because he wants to see us again, we are scheduled to go back to see Dr. Gonzalez next Thursday at 1pm. Please pray Gray (while we are there) will decide to fill his tummy up and empty it before our eyes!!! Dr. G said we could've just caught him at a time he was playing rather than eating. (Amy and Melanie, you'll love this -) I asked if I should eat breakfast or something before I came to the appointment. I wondered if that would matter because, if y'all can believe this, I had not done so this morning. Unfortunately, he said it wouldn't make a difference.
While we are at the appointment next week, he'll also do a more complete Echo cardiogram on Gray because of Grayton's CDH. Although his heart looked fine, Dr. G wanted to see it again at 22 weeks. I didn't really understand why, but after having an undiagnosed defect, I'll do anything to rule out complications.
Gray is in the 62% weight (weight about 15 oz.) and is measuring on target. He was really moving around for the tech and kept flipping side to side.
While I'm a little disheartened we didn't get a complete"clean bill of health", we all know it could be so much worse. The next 7 days are going to go by very slowly.....
Leigh
A reflection on 7 years with CDH
10 years ago

Thinking of you and praying that you will see Gray's tummy fill up and empty next week and there are no problems. Praying the echo comes back normal and shows Gray's heart is perfect and strong. That is wonderful news your little boy is measuring on target and gaining weight. Sending you positive thoughts and energy for the week to come.
ReplyDeleteMuch love, Tracy - Ian's mom
Leigh! I am thrilled that Gray is already acting up for you--sounds like he is ALL Boy! I'll pray that all goes well next week and that he'll behave and eat/empty like he is suppose to! I'll pray for peace during this 7 day wait--hopefully it will by fast!
ReplyDeleteLeigh, I know that you enjoyed getting to see Little Gray. I hope next week will come quickly for you. I so love reading your updates and hope to see you in person soon.
ReplyDeleteLeigh -- love the ultrasound 'movies'.. just called Steve in to watch the two Gray-flix with me while at work. Relax and take it one day at a time; I hope you don't stress-out too much over the next week. You're in my constant thoughts and prayers! Ali-
ReplyDeletep.s. I think Gray's middle name should be Steve, after Steve and 'other grandfather' Steve. Or 'AL' or 'ALEX' after me and 'other g'mother' Alison. It's an opportunity not to miss. We decided at lunch today we're gonna call him Gray C. (pronounced gray-cee). God Bless You All!!
Leigh,
ReplyDeleteDont be alarmed because celia didnt do that at the 1st U/S. The heart thing is just to rule everything out. They made me go get an Echo at 22 weeks. You just have very thorough doctors.
Gray will be here before you know it and he will be just perfect.
Praying that you get that clean bill of health you need to relax ;) And that the next few days go by quickly.
Love ya girl
Christy