My OB's nurse just called and said Dr. Stradtman was happy w/my test results last week and the hcg tests do not have to be repeated…Praise Him! Monday, I have a doctor's appt, like "normal" pg people, complete with an ultrasound to check on everything. Hopefully, I'll have a more approximate due date rather than the one Google gave me J
Coincidentally, there was a blog started on CHERUBS site today regarding the chance on a 2nd baby having CDH. Currently, there are 2 families on the site who have had multiple CDH babies. However, from what I understand, if the baby didn't have any other genetic problems (and, from what we know with the tests done at Children's Hospital, Grayton didn't ), then the chance of a 2nd child drops to 2 in 100 babies.
For some reason, I'm at peace either way. While I don’t feel this baby will encounter the same defect, if he/she does…we are better equip to handle it. Regardless, it's out of our hands anyway.
Prayer Warrior Unite!!
Love,
Leigh and Travis
A reflection on 7 years with CDH
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment