Tuesday, February 3, 2009

First Official Doctor's Appointment

Thanks for all of your prayers! The doctor's appointment with Dr. Stradtman went very well. Since this is the first time I'd seen her since our news, she was absolutely overjoyed for us!
I did have an ultrasound – performed by a different ultrasound tech than Grayton had as she has since retired – and was able to see the heartbeat (125 beats per minute). Per the measurements of the baby, I am 6 weeks and 4 days along (told y'all it was early J J ) and my due date is around September 27th.
My next appointment with Dr. Stradtman is on February 17th. In addition, I will be also seen by a Maternal Fetal Medicine physician, Dr. Gonazlez, at Brookwood when I am 22 weeks along. One of the CDH moms, who is also expecting, suggested I see this type of specialist and (prayer answered!) Brookwood recently hired him from UAB. He will be performing an extensive and thorough view of the baby via ultrasound and, furthermore, will look for a Diaphragmatic Hernia among other things. For those of you "nerds" (you know who you are J) wanting more information on a Maternal Fetal Medicine, here's the link http://www.expectantmothersguide.com/library/newjersey/fetal-medicine.htm. Furthermore, for any of you who are curious about CDH (the defect Grayton was born with) the website is www.cdhsupport.org On the home page, look at the photos at the top and Grayton's picture is on the top row and 3rd from the right. She has her "crown" atop her head.
Praise be to HIM!!!
Love from Travis and me!
By the way, for those who haven't heard, God and Grayton have blessed and hand-picked a baby for us! Please keep us in your prayers and I apologize you had to find out in an email! As you can all imagine, WE ARE THRILLED!

Love,
Travis and Leigh

4 comments:

  1. Love the blog!! And the news!
    ctr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog! And the news!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fun.
    Never followed a blog before.
    Looks like we're your 2nd fan.
    Later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leigh, travis&grayton I am so proud that you are adding another member to the family. i have to include grayton because i feel like she is a very important part of this process along with God being ultimatley in control. I love you all to the moon and back & more than you will ever know, Mamie

    ReplyDelete