Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It's a.........

BOY!!!!

The first thing the ultrasound tech noticed was....we are blessed to be expecting a boy! Heartrate (135 bpm) was great, diaphram seems to be intact, all 4 chambers of the heart were seen and the brain looks fine. He - who we are naming Gray- had his hands above his head the whole time as if to say, "Hey! Look at me! I'm not a girl!". Anyway, other than Travis feeling absolutely horrible, we are all fine. My next doctor's appointment is the "big one" with Dr. Gonzalez, the maternal fetal medicine doctor, on May 14th. Please continue to keep us, especially Gray (no middle name decided yet), in your prayers that he will be "diagnosed" as a healthy, normal baby boy.



Thanks so much for all of your prayers! Oh yeah, please pray Travis feels better very soon. He's going back to the doctor this afternoon. He feels so horrible that I don't even think he has the energy to be excited about expecting a little hunter. However, he is the best husband in the entire world! He went to my appointment with me even though he just wants to be at home in the bed. In fact, when Dr. Stradtman walked into the room, she looked at me and said, "You sound terrible. I could hear you coughing all the way down the hall." I just pointed to Travis because, unfortunately, he was the trooper making all the noise.



If I can get my CDH friend, Christy, to help me load the ultrasound pictures (wink! wink!), then those will be posted soon.



Love y'all,

Leigh

8 comments:

  1. Yeah!!! We are soo excited and we are praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, crap I guess I'll have to save the dress for someone else! Just kidding! I'm so excited for ya'll! Poor Travis!

    Love ya'll
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I am so sure that He is will be a strong healthy little boy! Lots of Love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you both that it is a boy!!! Gray is a perfect name...love it!! Take it from a mom of 3 boys, boys are wonderful additions to the family. Praying that Gray is one happy and healthy little boy and you continue to have a good pregnancy. Prayers for Travis that he feels better soon. Look forward to seeing the ultrasound pics of your handsome little guy!

    So happy for you!! Tracy - Ian's mommy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leigh ,
    Of course I will help you get those pics posted ;) I couldnt be happier. Be on the look out for lots of boy stuff !!! Drake would love nothing more than to share his things with the brother of a cdh angel :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! How exciting for you!!! Congrats!!! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leigh & Travis,

    I am SO excited for the both of you! I got tears in my eyes when I read your latest blog. Boys are wonderful!! I can't wait to meet Gray.

    Love to you both,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leigh & Studly

    I am so happy for the both of you, you both will be wonderful parents. Love the name!! Keep in touch!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete